Equipped with a standard caliber rifle, they are lightly armored and able to cover a lot of ground. Useful for field reconnaissance and highly accurate, Scouts are useful in a wide variety of tasks on the field and great for swiftly taking exposed bases. Their shortcomings however are in firepower and defense, having little chance against the heavily armed and armored Shock Trooper or Gunner in direct combat.
In Valkyria Chronicles your basic Scout comes equipped with a rifle, grenades and Ragnaid. At level eleven however they become Scout Elites and earn the Randgrizer rifle-mounted grenade launcher, letting them use their grenades at a much longer range.
These will most likely be your most used class so players should familiarize themselves with the scout's abilities and limitations.
Scouts are soldiers that excel at reconnaissance. They have high mobility(AP), letting them cover wide areas. They are useful for scouting out distant locations and going to the aid of fallen allies. They also have superior detection ability and can sight enemies concealed in grassy areas from farther away. But their attack power, HP and defense are not high, so try to avoid direct firefights.
Soldiers who are extremely mobile on their feet and are often ordered to advance forward on the front line before other units are mobilized. An ideal Scout has great vision to identify enemies and can accurately fire from mid-range. Their role is to create paths and help other units, but also to charge into enemy camps and claim their bases when needed.
- Scout - Has mobility superior to that of other classes but with lower HP and defense.
- Scout Veteran - A scout capable of traveling long distances, with other abilities upgraded as well.
- Credits Needed - 1 Certificate, 2 March, 1 March X
- Sniper - A long range marksman that can take down enemies at great distances. Mobility, HP and defense are minimal.
- Credits Needed - 1 Certificate, 3 Attack, 1 Support X
- Scout Elite - Has the best mobility of all classes. Their overall abilities exceed the Scout Veterans.
- Credits Needed - 1 Diploma, 3 Arms, 2 March II, 1 March II X
- Heavy Scout - Wields a rifle mounted grenade launcher useful for long range attacks, but their mobility is inferior to other scouts.
- Credits Needed - 1 Diploma, 1 Attack X, 3 Arms 2, 1 Arms II X